2 Tbsp olive oil
1 zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick
1 yellow squash, sliced 1/4" thick
1/2 cup corn
(I also added 1/2 onion, small diced)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage (I used oregano, I think--who knows what's in my garden :))
5 cups cubed sourdough bread (I wish I had had sourdough bread, that would be heavenly. I just used what was on hand and it still worked)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
3 Tbsp chopped pecans
2 cups half-and-half (I just used whole milk)
5 eggs, slightly beaten
salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish
- In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions. Add zucchini, squash and corn over medium heat for about 3 mins. Stir in garlic and herbs. Cook until zucchini and squash are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in bread cubes
- Place half of the mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Cover with the rest of the mixture and sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese and nuts.
- In a bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or unil a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let stand and cool for 10 minutes.
1 comment:
Yum, that looks really good. I LOVE bread pudding. And those tomatoes look mighty red and tasty!
Post a Comment