Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Easy Veggie Ziti

Tuesday is run-everyone-back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth-to-dance day, so I needed to make something for dinner that was quick prep, but could sit around for a while. This was just the trick. And the leftovers that I am eating right now as I type are just as good. Yum.
Easy Veggie Ziti
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 small/medium zucchini, sliced
1 jar spaghetti sauce (maybe not quite the whole jar), I like ones w/ mushrooms, or you could add mushrooms
1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Penne pasta, about 10 oz.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to directions, leaving a little al dente.
3. Saute onions and peppers in a little olive oil until tender. Add zucchini. Saute until just slightly cooked.
4. Add spaghetti sauce to veggies. Simmer while pasta is cooking.
5. Drain pasta and add to sauce with mozzarella cheese.
6. Mix together and place in 9x9 baking dish
7. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake for about 30 mins until bubbly.

As we say around here, Easy Cheesy. Enjoy.

No comments: