During the months of August and September almost every dinner involves some form of zucchini. This recipe is from Real Simple Magazine, June 2007. I haven't tried for a long time, but I'm pretty sure we liked it :)
Turkey Burgers w/ Grated Zucchini and Carrot
3/4 lb ground turkey
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
Combine all ingredients. Form mixture into 4 patties.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the patties, turning once, until no trace of pink remains, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Serve on toasted bread with lettuce, mayo and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Post edit:
This summer I made these quite often and tweaked the recipe a bit--
1 lb. ground turkey
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1/2 red bell pepper, small diced
garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
a sprinkling of Italian dressing mix (powder)--I don't have a real amount, sorry. I had a 1/4-1/2 packet left one day and just threw it in. It added such great flavor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment