This was a pretty fast and easy dinner and everyone liked it (mostly because it didn't have any tomatoes or peppers :))
Rice:Patties:
To prepare rice, cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place rice in a large bowl. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple; sauté 4 minutes or just until pineapple begins to brown. Add pineapple mixture, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to rice in bowl; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
To prepare patties, place 1 1/2 cups beans, garlic, cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl; partially mash with a fork. Place 1/2 cup remaining beans and egg white in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until well combined. Add bean puree to mashed beans in bowl, and stir until combined. Add cheese and onion to bean mixture; stir until combined. Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Dredge both sides of each patty in cornmeal.
Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 patty and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
6 comments:
This looks really good. I love veggie burgers of any kind. I should share the recipe I have for pumpkin curry burgers! Yum.
Robyn--please share your recipe for pumpkin curry burgers! yummy! I'm a big veggie burger fan too.
ha, ha--Nate did NOT write that comment--that was me. Nate's only a fan a veggie burgers if he puts sweet chili sauce on them. Actually, he didn't even need the chili sauce on the black bean burgers so they really were good!
Those sound really good and easy. It sounds like it would all be stuff that I usually have around the house, too. I'll have to try the recipe. :D I'm off to try the grilled asparagus tonight. Thanks for sharing Lindy!
(and we must pass the news onto Robyn to share the pumpkin curry burgers.....)
Update--- I made these burgers the other night when my parents were visiting and they were SO good! My parents, who are anti-vegetarian, even admitted to liking them, which is a huge step. Thanks for sharing!
We loved the rice and now we are going to try the burgers. thanks
Post a Comment