Mom was telling me about a taco bean soup she made last night for dinner--sounded yummy so I decided to make something similar. I made a Black Bean Chili a while back and it was okay but nothing too spectacular--so I decided to revise it a little. Here's what I came up with:
Chili with Roasted Veggies
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can chicken stock
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1/4 cup bulgar wheat (presoaked in 1/4 cup water for 20 minutes)
1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
2 tsp cumin
1 to 2 tsp chili powder
1/2 red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
1. Drizzle diced onion and pepper with a little olive oil, salt and pepper--Roast for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees until slightly carmelized (you could also roast the corn if using fresh, and any other peppers or chilies you wanted to use).
2. In a large saucepan combine tomatoes, chicken stock, beans, wheat and seasoning. Bring to a low boil then lower heat to a simmer. Add roasted veggies. Simmer for 30 minutes until wheat is tender. Add corn and heat through.
3. Serve with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado and a little fresh squeezed lime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment