1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced (I used green)
(I also added fresh mushrooms, sliced)
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 egg whites (I just used 5 eggs)
2 Tbsp milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley or basil, chopped
1. Coat a large ovenproof skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Preheat the broiler.
2. Add the zucchini, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to skillet and saute until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off any moisture from the vegetables.
3. In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and half of the herbs. Pour the mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Allow to cook undisturbed until the eggs begin to set and the edges appear done, then place under the broiler. Cook until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are set. Sprinkle with remaining herbs. Cut into wedges and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potato Coins
2-3 Sweet Potatoes (I used yams for the color, try to find long, skinny ones), sliced into "coins"
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder
brown sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Spread evenly on pan. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes until browned. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar, stir to coat. Roast for 5 more minutes.
1 comment:
Thanks for the recipes. Everything looks and, I'm sure, tastes delicious!
Post a Comment