This recipe is from www.zonya.com (this lady not only has a cool name, but tons of energy to boot. Maybe if I ate like she did I would perk up a bit and you could call me Zindy). She has a high-energy, living-healthy show on PBS which I've seen a few times as I sat lazily on the couch :) The website has a few recipes I'd like to try, but I've only made this one a couple times because it's a great clear-out-the-pantry type of meal, which I love.
Chili Cornbread Pie
2 (15 0z) cans chili beans--I used red beans
1 can corn
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper (this was my addition to the recipe)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (opt)
1 tsp Zippy Zony Mexi Mix (which I, shockingly, didn't have--so I used Taco seasoning instead)
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes w/ chilies (I used diced tomatoes and added a small can of green chilies)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp canola oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine beans, vegetables and seasoning in a 9x13 pan. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and add milk and oil. Stir just until blended. Spoon 9 even spoonfuls of batter in a 3x3 pattern onto the bean mixture. Place in oven to bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to set about 10 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment