Someone couldn't quite wait 3-5 hours before taking a spoonful:
1 heaping Tbsp flour…and I mean heaping!
1/2 cup sugar or a little more
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash salt
Mini Vanilla Wafers (save some to crumble for the top)
1 banana, sliced
1 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
In a saucepan, mix flour & sugar then add eggs and mix well. Start your burner and slowly add milk; a little at a time stirring constantly--I use a whisk. Continue stirring until it has thickened (once it starts to boil it immediately thickens, I let it boil while stirring for another minute or so). After thick, add butter, vanilla and salt to taste.
Line the bottom of a 9x9 dish with vanilla wafers (I like the mini ones). Top with sliced bananas and then berries. Pour slightly cooled pudding over top. Cover and refrigerate until totally cooled and set (3-5 hours--if you can wait that long:)). Serve with crumbled vanilla wafers on top.
1 comment:
I love it!!! Thanks for posting the recipe so we can make it now. Banana pudding is huge here in the South, so it will be nice to have a new variety to take to parties. Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment